Sunday, June 7

Summer Party Ideas

(My new computer background for the summer.)

Hello to all my bloggers and beauties! Welcome to yet another post by yours truly Taylor! Today I bring you a fun-filled post full of ideas to have a party-tastic summer! This post will be the third one I have had in this little mini-series of "Summer" type posts. I thought of this idea not to long ago mainly because I just realized that tomorrow is my blog's one year anniversary. I can NOT believe I've had this blog for that long. It filled me with tons of excitement for my future. I hope you enjoy the rest of the post!

Bonfire
First thing I thought of for party ideas was a bonfire. Given it's a bit of a traditional night party especially for where I'm from. Bonfires are one of my favorite types of parties when I come to think about it. You get to eat s'mores, sit around a fire, and tell creepy stories. Let's face it most of the stories aren't as scary as they are creepy.
What You'll Need
Food- chocolate, graham crackers, hot dogs, hot dog buns, and marshmallows.
(Hint: For a bit of PB treat use Reese's cup instead of a chocolate bar.)
Other- Fire pit and wood.

Water/Pool Party
A classic summer party almost ALWAYS has to do with water and it's the best way to beat the heat every time! These are another favorite of mine during the summer. You get to have so much excitement and a bit of competitiveness as well.
What You'll Need
Food- I'd suggest hamburgers, and a fruit and veggie tray.
Other- Water balloons, water, pool (opt), and old clothes or swimsuits.
(Hint: Mix it up a bit and add dye or food coloring to the water for a colorful explosion.)

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Those are all the ideas I have for now! Might do an updated version later in the summer if I get enough views. Also I'm pumped because tomorrow is my one year blog anniversary.
(I know I've already said that, but I'm so, SO excited to celebrate with a cup of tea.)
I just wanted to thank everyone who has ever taken the time to read any of my blogs and/or comment. It mean the world to me to have your support!

Xoxo, Taylor
(Ps: You might have to re-follow my blog here because when I switched urls, it left all my followers at Primer Pink.)

QOTD: Which should be my final "Summer" post:
Summer Makeup Tutorial or DIY Summer Snacks?

4 comments:

  1. I'll just start by saying Happy 1st Birthday to your blog!
    I loooove this post, I'm super excited for summer now haha! I also love how you celebrate everything is the US and a summer bonfire sounds super fun! I had to research what 's'mores' were as I've never heard of them before, they look so yummy! We don't have Graham crackers in England so I've decided I'm going to make some with digestive biscuits!
    The water party sounds fab too and I also love the idea of adding food colouring to the water- it's so Pinterest :D
    For the QOTD I'd love to read either of those posts, I love summer and I love your blog so they would both be fun to read : )
    Yeesh just read that back and it's a long comment haha, brilliant post as always Taylor!

    http://blossomingdaydreams.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonfires are amazing! That's neat how they have some things in the UK, but not in the US. Digestive biscuits should world, but I've never tried them. Thank you for the darling comment Georgia! Means a lot! :) ps: I'm thinking of going with DIY Snack one.

      Delete
    2. That meant to say work*. Oops.

      Delete
  2. Planning for a summer party is really hard until you have some guidance or prior experience with that. Considering this I planned for a party at SF event venues and their staff really helped me with that.

    ReplyDelete